Free From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)Books Online Download

Share:

List Containing Books From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)

Title:From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)
Author:Jay Kopelman
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 196 pages
Published:October 5th 2006 by The Lyons Press (first published January 1st 2006)
Categories:Nonfiction. Animals. Dogs. Autobiography. Memoir. War. Military Fiction
Free From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)Books Online Download
From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1) Hardcover | Pages: 196 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 7023 Users | 609 Reviews

Representaion Concering Books From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)

When Marines enter an abandoned house in Fallujah, Iraq, and hear a suspicious noise, they clench their weapons, edge around the corner, and prepare to open fire. What they find during the U.S -led attack on the "most dangerous city on Earth," however, is not an insurgent bent on revenge, but a tiny puppy left behind when most of the city’s population fled before the bombing. Despite military law that forbids the keeping of pets, the Marines de-flea the pup with kerosene, de-worm him with chewing tobacco, and fill him up on Meals Ready to Eat. Thus begins the dramatic rescue attempt of a dog named Lava and Lava’s rescue of at least one Marine, Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman, from the emotional ravages of war. From hardened Marines to war-time journalists to endangered Iraqi citizens, From Baghdad, With Love tells an unforgettable true story of an unlikely band of heroes who learn unexpected lessons about life, death, and war from a mangy little flea-ridden refugee.

Mention Books During From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)

Original Title: From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava
ISBN: 1592289800 (ISBN13: 9781592289806)
Edition Language: English
Series: Lava #1

Rating Containing Books From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)
Ratings: 4.11 From 7023 Users | 609 Reviews

Commentary Containing Books From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1)
Oh man. I should not have read this book right now! I am currently in delicate negotiations with my husband about getting a puppy. And this book only heightens my I-want-a-dog-now fervor. See, dear husband dogs are great! Even in the middle of war-torn Iraq, a U.S. Marine grew attached to a rambunctious puppy named Lava and undertook the arduous process of getting Lava to the U.S. If Kopelman can fall in love with a dog in those dire circumstances, you too can fall in love with a new puppy in

A very emotional story. The bond between the Marine and Lava was touching and the efforts made to bring the dog to America were heroic. It is very sad to read about how dogs and other animals are treated over there, but then not surprising since humans are not treated much better.

This book is a quick read, but one that is quite worthwhile. It is essentially a story about a boy and his dog and how even war and its heinousness can't stop a man from loving and caring for his dog, even if that man is a tough marine. It is well worth the read.

This is a beautiful story about people in bleak and soul-poisoning situations trying to find something life-affirming that will help them hold up and keep going. People who are surrounded by war, grinding poverty, disasters, and personal tragedies all have these needs in common - like the rest of humanity, just more so.This is a memoir by a Marine, then-Major Jay Kopelman, of how his unit adopted an abandoned puppy they came across in the middle of the battle of Falujah, one of the worst in

I just finished reading this book last night. I would recommend it to anyone who loves animals. The military jargon at times was confusing. At times it was also difficult to read about the atrocities to animals and humans. I appreciated his honesty in the book. I also found the use of animals in the military to be interesting but shocking. I was appalled at what the soldiers over there witness and know they will never be the same. Although I don't think the writing was that good, it was

I read the first half of this a month ago and then, what with one thing and another, couldn't seem to get back to it. I was thinking this meant that it wasn't terribly compelling, but earlier today when I was sitting in a waiting room with nothing to do finally finish reading it, I had to try not to cry in great big heaving sobs, even though it would have given all the people who forgot to bring a book something to look at.Jay Kopelman was a Marine colonel on active duty in Iraq in 2004 when his

Audio book with great narration. Eve though I knew the ending, I was still anxious with the narrator. As an animal lover, this was a heartwarming story. It is amazing how a little furball can soften even the toughest guy. But as an animal lover, there were many parts about animal treatment (other than Lava) that were hard to listen to.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.